FarBeyondBelieving: Girls and short hair

14 January 2013

Girls and short hair

I really want to get this subject out of the way. And I do know everyone thinks about it differently so there's no offense or harm ment with this post at all.  I just want to shout out my opinion as I get a lot of questions about my short pixie cut. When I just had it up until my ears a lot of people asked me: 'Doesn't your boyfriend mind about it?' or 'Wow I would never dare to do something like that.' Or: 'Are you not going to regret this decision?' First. My boyfriend doesn't care one bit, if I'd dye my hair pink, I'm not sure if he'd like it, but he doesn't mind my short hair at all. (He even prefers it as there was hair everywhere when I still had it over my shoulders and he prefers girls with short hair.) Second, I did it, so thanks. Third. No, I'll not regret it. It's only hair and it will grow back. I had hair up the middle of my back, hair up my shoulders and now pixie hair, shaved on one side. I don't necessarily think long hair is feminine. There are a lot of guys with long hair, and just because 'most girls' have long hair, it doesn't mean, I, as a girl, got to have my hair long. Again. I don't mean to offend anyone with this post, this is just my opinion about it.
I've always had massive, curly and very thick hair. I didn't mind, but it did cost me a lot of time in the morning. And with every raindrop, fog or humid weather, my hair decided to explode. Now.. I can just put some wax, gel or whatever in my hair and go out. I can even say that my hair is shorter then some guys. The only bad thing.. My head gets cold quicker, especially on the right side as there is barely hair.
And of course I'm not the only one who decided to cut my hair short. In Hollywood there have been some impressive make-overs. Miley Cyrus, Anne Hathaway, Emma Watson, Ginnifer Goodwin, Natalie Portman and I think there will be more following. And all though I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of Miley's cut and had to get used to Emma's one. (that was mainly because of me growing up with her as Hermione) I love all the other cuts, and especially Anna Hathaway's short hair, I think she looks gorgeous. Oh and the same for Gennifer Goodwin. I'm really happy with my short hair and won't think I'll be going back to longer very soon. 

What do you all think of short hair? Did you ever have it or would you want to?

29 comments:

  1. I love it on you but I cant cut my own hair that short, i will regret it the rest of my life as i love to braid, curl and put it up and with long hair that is longer. My own hair never has been shorter then a bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry typo i meant with long hair it is easier.

      Delete
  2. Ik vind kort haar juist ontzettend gaaf en ook bij jou! Ik vind de meeste mensen sowieso echt enorme bemoeials en kunnen nooit een mening normaal zeggen. And +1 for your boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik heb mijn haar vorig jaar heel kort geknipt, korter dan jij nu hebt alleen dan met een pony, maar heb er wel spijt van gehad. Bij andere vind ik het top, maar zelf nooit meer:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ik vind kort haar bij andere mensen heel gaaf staan maar zelf zou ik het nooit doen. Heb het een keer gedaan. Toen had ik haar tot mijn middel en had ik het tot mijn oren kort geknipt. Daar heb ik ontzettend veel spijt van gehad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It think it's very gutsy that you cut your hair so short, but it looks great on you.
    Short hair won't suit me, so I simply won't risk it, because I know it won't look good.

    I don't think girls should have long hair. Everyone can do whatever they want with their hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gaaf! Het is iets wat moet staan, maar het staat je zeker!

    www.kimgodschalk.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love short hair on girls, and I find it silly when other people say things like "oh my god won't you regret it?" Uhh no, it's hair and guess what, hair grows! I really wish I could pull off a short hairdo but I really don't think I could. I absolutely love Carey Mulligan and Michelle Williams' short 'do's, I've always wanted to get my hair cut like them but I don't think it'd suit me at all. Short hair looks fabulous on you, you can really pull it off.

    http://www.youremyfavouriteflavour.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I think you know my opinion as I've chopped of all my hair quite a few times now too :P I used to have really long hair aswell, and I was just sick of it, so I cut it off. I still get question like 'Don't you regret cutting your hair?'. Hell no, saves me a lot of time in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dat het tijd bespaard geloof ik en dat lijkt me heerlijk, maar ik kan niet zonder mijn lange haren hoor. Die houden me lekker warm deze winter haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ik vind het juist leuk staan bij jou! Het kort haar is lekker makkelijk! ik heb het zelf ook gehad, maar vond het bij mij niet leuk, ik houuuu echt van lang haar. Maar jeeees wat een hoop moeite zit daar in. Bij mij is het super droog en dus moet ik het heel goed bij houden. Duuuur!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have short hair now for about 7 years, though it has never been as short short as you have it right now, but short yes it is. I get the questions about don't you want it to be long and all? And fairly honest I've really liked it short. I have to mention that I am letting it grow out right now again, to see if I would stil like that as well after having it short for so many years, but we'll see. Maybe I'll got it all off again as soon as I'm getting annoyed by long hair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You go girl! Maar nog een punt, het staat je gewoon hartstikke goed! Ik heb een hele tijd geleden ook een stuk korter haar gehad. Gewoon gedaan, en weg met het normale zoals dat heel veel meiden heeeel lang haar hebben en hetzelfde eruit zien. Nu heb ik het eindelijk weer wat langer. Maar ik kan niet zonder laagjes, anders vind ik het alsnog saai [a]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ik vind het heel gedurfd van de meiden die wel kort haar hebben, maar zelf zou ik het niet willen! Ik denk dat ik dan heel veel spijt ga krijgen, haha. Maar ik vind het jouw wel super leuk staan!
    Zelf hou ik wel meer van lang haar ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ik heb het gehad, maar het staat mij echt niet! Staat jou prachtig, de kleur is ook mooi. Ik vind het Emma Watson ook heel vet staan!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vind het knap en erg gedurfd! Jou staat het in ieder geval erg goed! Kleur is ook erg geslaagd.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello beautiful just found your blog and love it!
    xoxo

    http://fashionbohem.blogspot.com.es/2013/01/la-laguna-city.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. vooral bij Emma Watson vind ik het super staan, ik hou er wel van maar zou het zelf helemaal niet durven!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Heel gedurfd van je! Ik zou zelf mijn lange haren niet kunnen missen maar bij jou staat het echt leuk. Super! xo

    http://reportingforbeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Staat je goed! Ik heb het ook gedaan, maar dat van mij is wel iets langer :).

    Liefs, Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have to have a special face - you are the best example for a person who do have! :)
    Love your haircut, sometimes I wish I could wear a short haircut as well....
    xx

    LVE
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ik zou willen dat ik het lef had om mijn haar zo kort te knippe, ik vind het altijd zo goed staan bij andere mensen!



    http://style-chameleon.blogspot.com/

    €100 NELLY GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think you look fantastic with your hair as it is. You go girl!
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ik heb zelf altijd lang haar gehad maar dan vooral omdat ik het makkelijk vind. Ik doe er nooit iets mee. Het is altijd wassen, op laten drogen als ik slaap en een staart of knot in. Kort haar vind ik evengoed leuk maar ik moet echt niet aan wax of föhnen denken. Het staat wel altijd lekker pittig en stoer. Halle Berry vind ik trouwens ook echt zo mooi met kort haar. Staat haar veel beter dan lang.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Kort haar past bij jou, ik kan me jou ook niet voorstellen met (heel) lang haar. Ik heb mijn haar ook kort gehad, van schouderlengte tot echt heel erg kort, maar uiteindelijk was het niets voor mij. Had er daarna ook altijd spijt van en heb besloten om niet meer voor kort te gaan, lang haar staat mij gewoon beter. En daarnaast vind ik het heerlijk om met mijn haar te spelen haha.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would never cut my own hair that short, but that's just because it doesn't suit me. I think it's awesome that you had the guts to cut it this way and it looks great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I do like the shorty haircuts, but never took one myself. Did ask the hairdresser a couple of times though, but their advise was to keep it long(er). Their argument: "Otherwise your head'll look too big." Thanks. Not. But I didn't dare to test and (hopefully) prove them wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ik vind het bij anderen zo goed staan! Bij jou ook, I like it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for visiting. :)
xx Nieke