FarBeyondBelieving: Crazy things I did in life #1

15 January 2013

Crazy things I did in life #1

I think it's fair to say that I'm quite impulsive. And if it's not that I'm probably crazy. But I did some unusual things.. Especially in the last few 3 years. So I thought I would make this a recurring blogpost.
Most of these things will have to do with my love for movies, fantasy and travel. I absolutely love going on trips like this and don't mind spending my money on it, as I never regretted doing it.

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - worldpremiere 
This is actually quite of a funny story. And the end of it.. Me and two friends went to the Narnia worldpremiere in London. And no, not to see the movie, just to be a fan waiting for the actors. Crazy? Yes. But so much fun!
I've been a Chronicles of Narnia for.. I think the last 7 years. I really enjoyed the movies and had quite a crush on William Moseley. (Peter Pevensie) On a fun afternoon visiting a friend we were browsing around when we found the date of the worldpremiere in London. Just for fun we looked up the prices for flights and a possible hotel. We really thought it wouldn't be more then a joke. But as we saw it would only costs us around 70 euros a person, we really started to consider it. We found a cheap hostel in the middle of the center, of which we could walk back from Leicester Square. We texted another friend who was a big fan as well and she decided to join. The next day.. We booked our flight and hostel. This was only 3 weeks before the actual premiere. 
30 November 2010, we left for Eindhoven airport at 6 in the morning to catch our flight around 10. With a bit of delay, and us stressing out on not being at Leicester Square on time we left 45 minutes later then expected. When landed we made our way to the center of London. To found out it was still absolutely quiet, because the weather was very bad. (the cause of our delay) It started to snow and people couldn't get to the premiere because of trouble with public transport. 
We decided to do some shopping before we joined the queue. After the HMV, Starbucks and Accesoirize, we went back while carrying our massive backpacks. Which we had to bring in. But because the queen would be there (yes it was a 'Royal Premiere') was a lot of security. They checked our bags and we were able to go in. It was 4 o'clock and we had wait until at least 6 o'clock for the first guests to come. Well that wasn't to bad, but the cold and snow didn't really help. All though it felt really magical to be in an all decorated Narnia Leicester Square while it was snowing.
We waited while meeting some really nice English girls and talking to one of the guards on the red carpet. It was very cold, but actually quite enjoyable. And then finally.. People started to come in. The queen arrived but we didn't see that much of her. One of the most rememberable quotes came from the British girls we met: 'Oh look! It's Queen Lizzy, flashing her ankles!' We've been laughing about this the entire night. One of my friends decided to make pictures, me and the other girl, decided to try and get some autographs. And as at a premiere.. There isn't enough time for the stars of the movie to step by everyone we met: Georgie Henley (Lucy Pevensie), Will Poulter (Eustace) and Shane Rangi. (one of the stunt guys) And other then those, a few competitors from the X-Factor UK visited that year. And as I was following it online I recognized all of them. And believe it or not, that is why I am now able to say I saw One Direction, Rebecca Furguson, Joe McElderry and Matt Cardle. One Direction is the only of those which I didn't get an autograph of, as I wasn't a fan of them in X-Factor. Now.. I kinda regret that decision as I know so many people who would've wanted that autograph. Unfortunately we didn't get an autograph of William Moseley and Ben Barnes, who we were dying to see. But we did see them just like Anna Popplewell, Andrew Adamson, Liam Neeson, Simon Pegg and Skandar Keynes. 

The funnest to meet must've been Shane Rangi. We met him before as he was a guest on the Elf Fantasy Fair which he attended in 2009. So when he passed, we were one of the few people who recognized him and shouted his name. He directly came up to us, and when we told him we met him at the Elf Fantasy Fair he seemed to remember. He was very surprised that we were here and gave us his album, which he said was only one of 100. He also gave us an autograph and a lovely talk. Now he's one of my friend on Facebook (oh the joy of internet) and actually sends messages to one of my friends who I was with.
We also spotted ourself on X-Factor really shortly. And we could hear ourself screaming 'SKANDAR!' (..Keynes, Edmund Pevensie), in one of his interviews. These little shots are also included in my video.

We had such an amazing time and had another short day the next day for some shopping before we had to leave and catch our flight. I also made a video about this trip which you'll be able to watch here:


Would you ever do something like this?

24 comments:

  1. I would totally do something like that! The only problem is that my friends here in Belgium aren't as much of a fangirl as I am.

    But, as you know, I attended the world premiere of the last Harry Potter movie, which was pretty crazy I think :P And if I come across any premieres while I'm in London for my internship, I'll definitely check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha funny how things can start out as a joke and then suddenly become so serious :P It sounds like you had crazy fun, kind of know the feeling from the HP premiere :P Premieres are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was as impulsive as you are :P I always want to go to these certain events, but I never have the guts to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zo leuk!
    Ik heb ook zo iets gedaan met twee vriendinnen voor de laatste harry potter film xD Al hebben wij toen ook op het plein gelapen... EN KOUD DAT HET WAS BRRR! Maar het was zeker een hele ervaring :D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha dat heb ik ook gedaan! Daar ga ik ook nog een stukje over schrijven.

      Delete
  5. Wat leuk dat je daar was zeg! Doing unusual things is always a good choice, if you ask me :) X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wauw, zo leuk dat je dat gewoon gedaan hebt!

    Ik moet zoiets ook vaker doen, gewoon iets doen zonder erover na te denken!
    Ik pieker namelijk nogal te veel over dingen :p



    http://style-chameleon.blogspot.com/

    €100 NELLY GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. vind het echt super leuk :D zelf nog nooit gedaan maar hoop het toch ooit een keertje te kunnen doen. gekste wat ik zelf heb gedaan was naar amsterdam voor rupert grint en de phelps tweeling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super gaaf en spontaan. Dat zijn de momenten waar je het later met je kinderen over hebt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your sweet comment!
    Love this new series!
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  10. Naar een filmpremiere ben ik nog nooit geweest, maar ik ben wel een paar jaar geleden naar London geweest voor een conventie (waarvan ik nu even de naam ben vergeten haha) omdat Misha Collins (Castiel uit Supernatural) daar zou zijn. Yep, voor 1 dude naar London dus. Maar goed, ik wou sowieso nog een keer naar London en ik had nog nooit gevlogen dus het was een goed excuus ;)
    Anyway! Super tof dat je zomaar naar London bent geweest voor een premiere, zo maak je nog eens leuke dingen mee en zie je coole mensen "in het echt" :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wat super leuk! Ik ben ook wel zo impulsief, mijn eerste keer naar Londen begon ook als een grap met Westlife. 'Oh, als die nog bestaan zullen we dan naar een concert gaan?' 'Ja is goed joh.' 'Maar ze treden alleen op in Engeland.. Naar Londen gaan dan?' 'Ja, leuk!' Maar dan moet ik er wel bij vermelden dat ik met die vriendin wel vaker impulsieve dingen doe, zoals om 5 uur 's morgens tanken in onze pyjama voor een gratis Philips Wake Up Light of een dagje naar Amsterdam om gratis tulpen te plukken. Ja, ik hou wel van impulsieve acties!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm I could never decide it so impulsive, but naah you're not crazy for doing it. Closest what I did would probably be sleeping on Trafalgar Square for the HP premiere, but he you knew that already

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grappig dat je Narnia in London ging doen. Is idd een leuke grap :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wat cool dat je zo impulsief leuke dingen doet! LIKE.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gaaf! Vooral omdat het zo'n impulsieve actie was. Weer een leuke ervaring rijker ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Supet of dat je zo leuke dingen doet! :D
    Toffe blog heb je trouwens, ik ga je volgen. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome! Ik ben nooit naar een filmpremiere geweest!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A few years back, I was in London, too, for a couple of days and I went to the premiere of Michael Jackson's This Is It Movie. We got special bracelets and stuff. And yeah, you can spot so many celebs which is kind of cool, haha. But when I lived in London last year, I missed out on all the premieres! I was too busy doing other things, I gues.. Kind of upsetting when I think about it now!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for visiting. :)
xx Nieke