FarBeyondBelieving: Summer is coming

12 June 2012

Summer is coming

Finally. I finished up my last big project and now I have to wait until evaluation time. A bit of time to rest because the last few days were crazy and super busy. Deadlines at the end of the year are always the worst. But that leaves me thinking about SUMMER. Because it's finally almost there, and there are definitely some things I really want to do summer of 2012 next to my travel plans. So here I go.

LEARN HOW TO PLAY GUITAR
Another thing I've been wanting to do is learn how to play guitar. I've already been practicing for a bit but didn't have time for it that much yet. I figured that I'm a lefty (which is not a surprise because I'm left handed as well) so I need to turn the guitar the other way around. I'll try to continue playing and hopefully I'll be able to play some songs at the end of the holiday.

CLEAN AND CHANGE MY ROOM
My room is full. Every corner is filled with either shoes or DVD's. And because my tiny bed has to go and make room for a double bed I need to make some changes. Throw a lot of unnecessary stuff away and try to get some space. I actually really looking forward to this.

MAKE PREPARATIONS FOR GRADUATION
It still seems so far away but next year this time I'm probably graduating from college. I'll be finishing up my last year Communication & Media Design. And because I really want to go back to London and do another internship there. I need to get started early, I fell in love with the city (and a guy) and the urge to go back has been bigger then ever. My parents are right behind me and, luckily, totally support me.

LEARN HOW TO SOW
I can knit, but sowing. That's something I can't do. As I started to try and make my own costumes for conventions and fantasy fairs I've been eager to learn how to sow. So if I've got some time left. I might try and ask my mom if she can explain some beginners lessons.
I already did order some studds to pimp up some shoes, blouses and cardigans. Plus I'm gonna cut some of my band t-shirt apart to make them more special. So stay tuned for DIY stuff, because I'll definitely share.

READ A LOT OF BOOKS
As every I do every summer I plan on reading a lot of books. Because of school and social life I only get to read about one book a month. But in the summer I always tend to read a lot. And what's on my book shelve to read? All the Song of Ice and Fire books after Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin, the Lord of the Rings books by J.R.R. Tolkien, Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and Inheritance by Christopher Paolini. I'm entirely sure I won't finish all of them but there's at least I've got something to chose.

SAVE MONEY
Well I don't really need to explain this one, do I?

At the end of summer I'll let you all now if I succeeded.
To be continued. 

1 comment:

  1. I also want to read lots of books, go to London for my internship and save money.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for visiting. :)
xx Nieke